Building Your Minnesota Private Practice
12 CEUs - Learn to build your private practice business from two MN social workers who've done just that!
THIS IS A LIVE 2-DAY EVENT
Friday, January 14 and Saturday, January 15, 2022
9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m. CST both days via Zoom
Presenters: JuTone LaJoie, BSW, MSW, LICSW (she/her/hers); and Tia Wilcek, MSW, LICSW (she/her/hers)
12 CEUs - up to 2 CEUs may be counted as ethics CEUs
Have you been looking to start your own private practice, but don’t know where to begin? There’s a lot to think about – from who you’ll serve, where and how to provide services, all the legal and financial elements, promoting your business, and then some. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, confused – and ready to learn, then this course is for you!
Join us to get step-by-step instructions for starting your own private practice in Minnesota from two social workers who have done just that. This two-day course will teach you how to begin and provide you with concrete tools to guide you, including checklists and resource sheets. You’ll take part in hands-on exercises that will allow you to dig into your ideas, and with instructor support, you’ll translate them directly into a timeline and your very own business plan. Leave feeling clear about where and how to start, with all the tips and tricks you won’t find anywhere else to build the practice you’re dreaming about.
This workshop will include:
- Identifying your “why”, your values, and connecting to your motivation
- Practical scheduling solutions for beginning your practice
- Discussion of how to structure a business
- Finding your niche and client base
- What HIPAA compliant products you need to run your business
- Legal preparations and your liabilities
- Setting up your finances, including setting fee limits, private pay, sliding fee, and insurance
- Credentialing and understanding what documentation is needed to run a private practice
- Marketing and promotion
- Preparing yourself to serve
- Sustainability and support resources
Ready to build your private practice? Let’s do this!
About the Presenters
JuTone LaJoie is an LICSW and private practice owner of "Time to Heal Counseling" in Golden Valley, MN. JuTone graduated from the University of Denver in Colorado. JuTone specializes in working with women, children, and families.
Tia Wilcek is an LICSW and owner of "Metanoia Therapy", a private practice in White Bear Lake, MN. Tia graduated from St. Thomas / St. Catherine. Tia specializes in complex trauma and attachment wound repair with adults and teens.
NASW Student Members $75
NASW Regular Members $95