NASW-MN Legislative Launch
Lunch N Learn Webinar
Wednesday, January 17 - 12-1 p.m. CST via Zoom
Presenter: Jenny Arneson, LGSW
Are you ready for the MN Legislative session to begin? Last year was a busy and productive session and we are looking forward to year two! Join NASW-MN as we review the basics and highlight the changes you can expect this season. Hosted by NASW-MN’s Legislative Consultant, Jenny Arneson, LGSW, you can expect:
- An overview of the Social Policy Action Network’s (SPAN) work on the 2023 Legislative Agenda.
- Context and other news from St. Paul
- A closer look at NASW-MN priorities including:
- Passing the social work licensure compact
- Creating alternative licensing pathways and addressing a biased licensing exam
- Removing the social work title exemption for counties so that only social workers with a degree or license may be called social workers.
- Implementing legislation passed allowing school social workers with a clinical license to bill for mental health services
Instead of Lunch & Learn in January, we will Launch & Learn!
You will receive the access link the day before the webinar.
About the Presenter
Jenny Arneson, MSW, LGSW, joined the NASW-MN and the Coalition of Licensed Social Workers as the Legislative Consultant in 2021. She earned her BSW from St. Olaf and MSW from the University of Minnesota. She has a range of professional experience including group work, emergency food and financial services, and county services. After spending years connecting direct practice to macro policy, Jenny ran for office and joined the Minneapolis School Board in 2011 and served through 2022. She has engaged in policy since.
After spending four years living in Fort Drum, NY, as a military spouse, Jenny settled in her hometown, Legislative District 60A, with her husband, Patrick, and three sons. With her sons in high school and college and her spouse in the Army Reserves, Jenny spends time on the road with her family, and especially enjoys gardening and volunteering with local schools while at home.
Pricing and Registration
NASW Members - FREE - Register here (NASW members only)
Not-Yet-Members - $15 - Register here