Are you ready for the MN Legislative session to begin? Last year was a busy and productive session and we are looking forward to year two! Join NASW-MN as we review the basics and highlight the changes you can expect this season. Hosted by NASW-MN’s Legislative Consultant, Jenny Arneson, LGSW, you can expect:
- An overview of the Social Policy Action Network’s (SPAN) work on the 2023 Legislative Agenda.
- Context and other news from St. Paul
- A closer look at NASW-MN priorities including:
- Passing the social work licensure compact
- Creating alternative licensing pathways and addressing a biased licensing exam
- Removing the social work title exemption for counties so that only social workers with a degree or license may be called social workers.
- Implementing legislation passed allowing school social workers with a clinical license to bill for mental health services