Wednesday, April 14 - 9 a.m.-12 p.m.
3 CEUs - FREE AND OPEN TO ALL SOCIAL WORKERS AND STUDENTS!
Join over 1,000 social workers from across the state to learn about how current legislative issues affect our profession and those we serve. Hear from policy professionals speaking about key policies and bills moving through the legislature, prepare to advocate on the issues you care about, and get energized by rallying online with peers and colleagues before connecting with your representatives to promote change in our state!
This is an event for ALL social workers AND social work students! Bring your colleagues, supervisors, and interns. Share this event with your students, supervisees, and peers.
We may not be rallying in the Capitol Rotunda, but we can advocate from our homes, in our schools and organizations, and our communities. Let's make some noise, Minnesota!!
- Dept. of Human Services Commissioner Jodi Harpstead
- Senator Aric Putnam (Legislative District 14)
- Representative Athena Hollins (Legislative District 66B)
- Zack Eichten, Policy Director for Minnesota Coalition for the Homeless
- Malaika Eban, LGSW, Restorative Facilitator for The Legal Rights Center
- Angela Tona, Policy and Organizing Coordinator for OutFront Minnesota
- Kenza Hadj-Moussa, Director of Public Affairs & Communications for TakeAction Minnesota
- Nan Madden, Director for Minnesota Budget Project
- Kirsten Anderson, AspireMN
- Jenny Arneson, LGSW, Legislative Consultant for NASW-MN
- Social Work students will discuss their experiences with advocacy in their macro field placements
- NASW-MN staff and SPAN committee members will share their best tips and tricks for engaging legislators and fighting for causes that matter to you!