Diverse Workforce Initiative
NASW-MN is Building Minnesota's Racially Diverse Social Work Community
REMOVING BARRIERS IS MISSION CRITICAL: we are building a strong, unified social work community that leads to a just and equitable Minnesota.
Systemic change needs to happen so education and licensure become fully accessible. NASW-MN is working to break barriers down and create accessibility for racially diverse social workers (and aspiring social workers)- people who identify as Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC).
WHO IS A PART OF OUR DIVERSE WORKFORCE INITIATIVE?
Our Diverse Workforce Initiative launched in 2023 and includes two cohorts: a Student Cohort and a Professional Cohort. Cohort members are current/future social workers who are currently working or want to work with children and families. All members of this initiative are working towards becoming fully licensed social workers. A lottery system was utilized to select eligible individuals for the cohort spots.
WHAT ARE THE QUALIFICATIONS?
- BIPOC student and/or professional;
- Who live and work, and/or attend school, in Minnesota;
- Who are working, or want to work with, children and families;
- Who would consider supporting other BIPOC social workers by providing future internship / licensure supervision; and
- Who will commit to maintaining NASW-MN membership while in the program.
THE NASW-MN DIVERSE WORKFORCE INITIATIVE PROVIDES:
- Licensure Exam Review Prep Course
- Initial Licensure & Exam Fees Covered
- Once Licensed & Employed, Two Years of Licensure Supervision with a BIPOC Supervisor (if desired)
- 30-Hour Supervision Certification Course
AND FOR STUDENTS
- $2,500 Internship Stipend
- BIPOC Internship Supervisor (if desired)
Applications for the student cohort and professional cohort are full.
QUESTIONS? CONTACT US email@example.com