Mental Health Counselor, Minneapolis, MN - Student Affairs
The Minneapolis College of Art and Design is accepting applications for a counseling psychologist, clinical social worker, or mental health counselor to work with our diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students. The position is part-time during the fall and spring college semesters (August-May). Candidates must be available to work 2 days per week, for 15 weeks per semester. There may be additional hours as determined by the needs of the Department.
Provide short-term counseling, assessment, and support to students seeking assistance from the Student Counseling and Wellness Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide counseling, assessment, psycho-education, and resources to students experiencing personal/social difficulties, adjustment to student life concerns, and mental health conditions.
- Develop appropriate counseling strategies based on presenting concerns of the student/client.
- Provide referral guidance and consultation services as needed.
- Provide crisis intervention and crisis response when necessary.
- Maintain confidential counseling records and documentation of services provided.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: MA, MS, MSW, or Ph.D, Ps.D, Ed.D in counseling psychology or closely related field. Must be licensed in the State of Minnesota.
Experience: Demonstrated ability and interest in working with a diverse population of college students, faculty, and staff. Possess an understanding of multicultural issues in mental health. Experience working with college students and interest in the art and design field is a plus.
Skills: Strong interpersonal communication, counseling, individual assessment/diagnostic, crisis intervention, and referral skills. Experience in CBT, DBT, Mindfulness, or MBSR a plus. Competency with mental health record keeping and documentation.
Other: This position has been identified as security sensitive, and as such will require a background check. At the discretion of the college, various background checks may be done during the course of employment.
Minneapolis College of Art and Design, 2501 Stevens Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55404, www.mcad.edu