Our Licensure Exam Review Prep Course helps you prepare for your social work licensure exam by reviewing the structure and content of the exam, as well as strategies for test-taking. This includes reviewing sample questions and learning how to correctly interpret them, and learning how to avoid the most common pitfalls in order to increase your competence and confidence.
This course does not review specific content areas in depth; rather, it outlines the areas of knowledge, skills, and aptitudes that are covered on the exam, and discusses how you may asked about those areas on the exam.
This course is for ALL exam categories; Bachelors, Masters, Advance Generalist, and Clinical.
The social work exam guide
Your registration includes your own electronic copy AND hard copy of the 3rd edition social work exam guide by Dawn Apgar (published by Springer Publishing; $95 retail value). This guide offers a wealth of test-taking strategies to foster exam confidence; includes a practice test that mirrors the exam (with explanations of the correct answers); and helps you identify weak areas so you will know what to focus on to pass the licensure exam.
Get 6 months of access to a ton of study tools!
The course includes access to a robust Social Work Licensure Learning Management System (ExamPrepConnect), including:
- A full copy of the electronic exam guide for your exam category from Springer Publishing*
- Contains material for the ASWB exam blueprint, including new content added in 2015
- Offers a wealth of test-taking tips and strategies to foster exam confidence
- Includes a practice test (with explanations of correct answers) that mirrors the the exam
- Study plan
- Flashcards and other study tools
- A discussion board with full access to the author and others who are studying for the exam
- Online learning community where you can connect virtually with other people who are studying for the exam
PLUS!...Receive a 50 question pre-test before the course to help the presenter tailor the course to meet your needs and provide you with a report that you can use to help you in the course
About the trainer
Dawn Apgar, Ph.D, LSW, ACSW, and author of social work exam guides by Springer Publishing
Dawn Apgar has helped thousands of social workers across the country pass the ASWB examination in all categories of licensure, and has written the exam guides printed by Springer Publishing. Dr. Apgar has done extensive research on licensure and is currently chairperson of her state's licensing board. She is a past president of the New Jersey Chapter of NASW and has been on its National Board of Directors. In 2014, the Chapter presented her with a Lifetime Achievement Award. Dr. Apgar has taught in both undergraduate and graduate social work programs and has extensive direct practice, policy, and management experience in the social work field.